Starting May 9, Rakuten will test drone deliveries on a golf course in Japan. The drones can provide food, snacks and small accessories (e.g. new golf balls) to players while they are out on the course between 8:30 am and 3 pm. Maximum parcel weight is 2 kg. Minimum purchase amount is 100 yen (~0.90 USD). Video here: http://tcrn.ch/1SykdWw
- Chinese Takeaway Meal Delivery By Drone?
- What Do China’s Delivery Drones Look Like? – JD.Com Spotlight
- Deutsche Post To Test Ground Based Mail Delivery Drones
- Drones Used To Deliver Packages – A Database of Drone Delivery Systems
- Pizza Pie in the Sky! – A Brief History of the Goal to Use Drones to Deliver Pizzas